Indian food in spain. yes, a very weird and strange concept. i was meeting people for dinner (aiesecers from the MC and Valladolid and Zaragoza) and they picked a restaurant in Lavapíes (which is predominately ethnic restaurants). To my delight (or maybe dismay) they selected Indian food.
It was a little pricey, but not too bad. The Madras Chicken was delightfully spicy and the naan not too greasy. The Spanish speakers kept asking me to talk to the waiter...but the waiter was Bangladeshi (as were most of the employees in the restaurant) and spoke more Spanish than I did.
I loved the boss lady that kept walking around the restaurant - the stereotypical village boss lady from India that you see in South Indian cinema - the long black hair tied in a crude bun, lots of powder to make her look like a ghost and bright red lipstick, overweight with an indian suit that was much too tight, walking around like she was breathing fire - oh the memories.
overall interesting experience .. who would have thought I would have been eating Indian food in Spain!
It was a little pricey, but not too bad. The Madras Chicken was delightfully spicy and the naan not too greasy. The Spanish speakers kept asking me to talk to the waiter...but the waiter was Bangladeshi (as were most of the employees in the restaurant) and spoke more Spanish than I did.
I loved the boss lady that kept walking around the restaurant - the stereotypical village boss lady from India that you see in South Indian cinema - the long black hair tied in a crude bun, lots of powder to make her look like a ghost and bright red lipstick, overweight with an indian suit that was much too tight, walking around like she was breathing fire - oh the memories.
overall interesting experience .. who would have thought I would have been eating Indian food in Spain!
1 comment(s) to... “indian food”
1 opinions:
Mmmm Indian food. Maybe you can cook for your apartment peeps - and make them eat with their house, real bindian styles.
Post a Comment