Posted 22:26 by Nithya in Labels:
The last two weeks have been a whirl wind. I was invaded by 7 individuals from Winnipeg, Vancouver and London, Ontario.

The people that invaded? Martin, Uttam, Pedro, Alex, Chris, Danny and Rainbow.

Do i miss them already? YUP!

Things we did? Hit up west ed (more than once!), drank (more than once!) and went to the Oilers vs. King's game.

After the invasion came NC 2007. It was definitely a different experience.

I was one of 8 facilitators (faci's) at the conference. Being a faci gives you a different perspective to the conference culture. As a delegate you get in there and party and try and stay awake during sessions and scream your head off and meet new people.

As a Faci, you party (but not as hard because you need to stay awake the next day), save your voice ( since you have to talk in tracks the next day), re-kindle old relationships (since its super

hard to meet people) and gain a new appreciation for the MC and OC.

The parties were NUTS. Alex and I had too good of a time. It was awesome to party with the aiesec Canada crew one last time (well last time for now). Themes? Cowboys & Indians (hey, I'm Indian and dressed up like a cowboy - looky me! doing both themes...), when i grow up, i wanna be...... (a pimp..ya it was AWESOME...we had magic sticks, pimp cups and hats) and 70s (oh the Afro..need i say more?)

It was also super sad to see everyone for the last time. There were tears - which spurred from tiredness and alcohol OR sadness OR a combination of both - you decide.

So after 7 days of craziness... was post conference. Danny, Jen, Rainbow and Karrolyn stayed at my place for a few days.

We slept for the first day and a half..it was gloooorious! It was supposed to be a movie day... i watched 1 out of 4 movies!

We hit up whyte ave for a bit - the girls shopped while Danny and I caught up at 2nd cup. Jen had her Alberta steak and we all had desert at death by chocolate (mmm SO good).

We went to a movie (a good Shepherd...SO bad..don't waste your time or money).

Danny and Rainbow left the Sunday before school started. It was surreal. As soon as they left I had to think about school, work and life in general.

Work is remedial as usual. School is going to be difficult. It hasn't even been a week of school and I can already tell that it's going to be a hard semester.

Boo Urns

PS. Edmonton cleaned out at the awards ceremony, winning 3 local awards and 2 individual ones. Congrats to John (from Edmonton) who was elected the new president of AIESEC Canada. :D

PPS. I'm in MIS class right now..and obviously paying attention :)

4 comment(s) to... “ ”

4 opinions:

Rainbow said...

I miss you too nith. Thank you so much for putting up with us for the whole time. I definitely miss you mum's cooking, you and your mum are absolutely AWESOME.



Irene said...

Aww, I think everyone feels that way about school. It sucks, and always does too. I'm sure that AIESEC will make it all better, though. Plus, I'm getting bitched at for wanting to go to Calgary. From my LC. Hm.



danno said...

YES I'm FAMOUS... MULTIPLE times...

Ahh Nith your basement will always bring happy memories whenever I return there which shall hopefully be soon and often. The vertical spoons, the drinking, the boondock saints, the geekery, and most importantly, the people.

Love it



Martin said...

that faci experience was quite a thing with the 8 of us. thanks nithya for being part of that!!!