Posted 06:20 by Nithya in
Well this post is LONG overdue. Went to Vancouver last weekend for some R&R. The original plan was go down for Uttam's birthday... but he couldn't get his vacation approved on time from work and it just didn't work out.

Here is the day-by-day ness of my trip.

28th: Jen & Danny grabbed from the airport and we promptly visited the infamous crepe. It was a bit of a gong show that night and we ended up crashing at Karina's that night. It was so awesome to see everyone - especially Kelley & Chris & Karina. I've been missing Kelley since she moved to Vancouver for the summer. Chris has been busy with work and hadn't had a chance to talk to him before the weekend. Karina lives in London, Ontario but is in Vancouver for a month.

29th: Early morning Dim Sum. Well not really early morning - more like brunch. We were in the mood for some greasy food and instead of hitting up a Denny's, we went for Dim Sum (true Vancouver styles). Chris was the only Asian person at the table and although he had NO idea what the waitresses were saying, they all came up to him and started speaking in rapid fire Chinese. Poor Korean Chris.

Danny and I hit up Deep Cove that afternoon and damn it was BEAUTIFUL. Danny & I will own a yacht. We were going to hit up late night all you can eat sushi that night, but we had lots of time to kill in Richmond. So, Danny, Phil, Karina & I hit up Aberdeen mall. It was the MOST AZN mall i have seen in my life! There were dinosaur fossils and a full scale model of a t-rex near the fountain...crazy. We stayed there until the mall closed.

We STILL had time to kill! So we headed out to the airport for some sunset action and playing in the playground. We finally went to all you can eat sushi, but there was a 45 min wait! At this point we are retardedly hungry but ran out of things to do in Richmond. So we sat in Danny's car, pumped the Nujabes and slept. it was awesome. we did get to eat finally and it was glorious.

cheeuah

30th: Danno and I did some shopping during the day after some amazing organic bbq chicken pizza! That night, we met up with the gang for some Richmond Night Market Action. I managed to see most of the SFU crew with a special appearance from Anh-Thu from Laval! Small aiesec world!

There was a TONNE of food, little stores and of course Asian people. There was even some bad hip hop dancing by a trio of Asian girls in mini skirts.

I did some bargaining and sampled some Asian cuisine (including squid tentacles), but all in all, it was a good night.

Danny, Surbhi and I were walking back to Danny's car. I turn around and who do i see? Darren! I haven't seen him since high school 3 years ago and where is the first time i see him? in Richmond. that definitely deserves a wtf mate.

Karina and I had our heart set on going to karaoke, but Jen informed us that all of Richmond does karaoke on Saturday nights, so we wouldn't be able to get in unless we had reservations. Since we didn't, we went to a sticker place. The whole store was full of those Japanese sticker machines and we of course had fun with that. We went for Pho after that. Delicious.
1st: Had a great BBQ on Danny's deck and commenced the drinking at 3 pm. Kirill, Danny, Philip, Karina & I started off Canada day right! We then started the trek downtown for fireworks. The fireworks in Van were way better than in Edmonton - they went on for like half an hour! After fire works, we met up with Jen downtown and went on a quest for gelato. we were unsuccessful and continued to walk. Finally we ended up at English Bay. We just dosed and listened to Nujabes in the night. it was amazing.

Then we realized that the sea bus (to get back to North Van!) closed at 1:30am. So we booked it back to the station to find it closed. Since it was a holiday, it closed at like 11:30. Bastards. So! we ran through the streets of downtown looking for a bus to take us to north van. Yes folks, running. No, it was not fun! But! we did make the bus. Then Phil and Danny walked up this huge hill to get Phil's car while Kirill and I chilled on a bench, waiting for them to pick us up (i was playing hobo and sleeping on the bench).

2nd: It was pure chills. Danny took me on the full tour of SFU. I can't believe how BEAUTIFUL the campus is! Granted the buildings look like holes, it makes you appreciate the natural beauty that much more! Can you even imagine going to school everyday in the mountains. Its out of a movie!

I got to soak my feet in the pacific for a while. I love the ocean and need to live by it someday.
Igor met up with us for some fish and chips and then we went to Lonsdale Quay to catch the view.

Danny & I played xbox for a bit. I would like to point out that i kinda kicked his ass. we played 2 days. the first day, i won at burn out AND soul calibur II. The 2nd day, he beat me at burn out and we tied in Soul Calibur II. C'mon! I have never played these games before and he owns em! i guess I'm just a natural.

Karina & Phil came over and we all went to Phil & Danny's old elementary and hung out in the park in the dark. it was a lot of fun - we listened to some 90's hits and chilled.

3rd: My last day in Van! So sad! Jen, Phil, Karina & I went to Lonsdale Quay for some lunch and browsing of shops.

we then went into Lynn Valley in North Van. It was so amazing. There was this huge river and we just sat in the river for a couple of hours. The water was freezing, but it was still awesome to hang out with Jen and Karina for a bit.

We grabbed a drink from the General Store (yes.. there was a general store, it was precious), we headed down to English Bay and the Boathouse for my last supper in Vancouver.


Danny, Phil, Jen and I sat on the patio and the view was breathtaking. It was of the bay. the sun was bouncing off the water, the weather was gorgeous. i could have stayed there FOREVER!
We sat on the beach a little bit as had time before my flight. Then Phil, Danny & I cruised to some really bad and really good rap music - all in all good times. And then i was off... back home to work and life in general.
I wish the vacation was longer, but thems the breaks! Thanks so much Danny, for letting me stay at your place. You are an amazing host.
and one last thing: my scrapper bike, my scrapper bike.


0 comment(s) to... “ ”

0 opinions: