Post EB meeting, was walking to the bus with Kristan and who do I see?! Will and Sijie! My buddies from high school. Oh there were many a shenanigan in high school and I hadn't seen these two in a while. While Sij was being too popular for us and has to meet someone else, Will and I got on the bus and decided to go to 2nd Cup to reminisce and share stories.
So after being a little ghetto (getting Quiznos and then sitting in 2nd cup) - ok maybe its not ghetto..But it was a little awkward chowing down on sandwiches in a coffee shop that didn't serve them :S ok, ok ...So we sat in 2nd cup and just talked. It was awesome! It's so good to see old friends that you were actually friends with.
High school was filled with fake friends and acquaintances along side the true friends. But the real friends and honest people were put aside by the flashiness of popularity and acceptance. Well sometimes. After going to University, I truly realize what and who real friends and real people are ...
So after being a little ghetto (getting Quiznos and then sitting in 2nd cup) - ok maybe its not ghetto..But it was a little awkward chowing down on sandwiches in a coffee shop that didn't serve them :S ok, ok ...So we sat in 2nd cup and just talked. It was awesome! It's so good to see old friends that you were actually friends with.
High school was filled with fake friends and acquaintances along side the true friends. But the real friends and honest people were put aside by the flashiness of popularity and acceptance. Well sometimes. After going to University, I truly realize what and who real friends and real people are ...
2 comment(s) to... “Get riled up for the Reunion”
2 opinions:
I LOVES THOSE!!!
It's great to get in touch with lost friends! But it's kinda sad when you don't see someone for 5+ years and it takes 2 mins to recap everything that's gone on in those 5 years...haha...awwwwww...then it's awkward!
But still lovin those! reminiscing about highschool is so much fun! i can't wait til 10yr reunion! ew, gonna be so old...ew. haha
hope works going good! with lots of...ummm...stuff to do.
=)
Hahaha....I can relate. I've been trying to get in touch with friends from high school again (virtually), since being here in Toronto...but it really shows you who is genuinely interested in a friendship and who is not.
The best part about catching up though is the gossip :p Since moving to Toronto, 7 of my friends from high school have gotten engaged. Crazy eh?!?!
Post a Comment