The Family Vacation: 1st Leg: Toronto

Posted 19:18 by Nithya in
Duration: Friday July 21st - Tuesday July 25th

21st: our flight was at noon. I thought it was at likely 5 - so Thursday night, was packing and getting ready for work and casually mention to sister that I'll be home around noon after work..Sister: "WHAT?! Our flight's at noon! We are leaving at 10.30!" shit. So after frantic calling to lea office, everything was smoothed over. So left on a jet plane to Toronto to start the week of the family vacation (insert scary musica here).

22nd: visited the Hockey Hall of Fame and went to Gerrard Street. Gerrard street (little India) was a complete novelty for me! We got out of the car the streets smelt of CURRY! There are a lot of Tamil speaking Sri Lankans and Indians in Toronto - many of whom own stores. In Edmonton this is not the case. So when we go to Indian stores in Edmonton, I can trash talk in Tamil...But not in Toronto! Everyone was speaking Tamil! Baffled! I also went to C-Lounge that night with Zam and Evita (aiesecers from out east). They brought their friends too. The place was trendy and posh, but we only got in after midnight. We had to wait in line in front and then to get on the patio. But it was good to go and see people :)

23rd: mom got lost on the way to Brampton (you think she would remember since she lived there for like 8 years) and after TWO hours, we reached our destination. We visited 3 family friends (+families) that afternoon. I didn't remember half of them...

24th: Visited more family friends in the morning and went on excursion to find good banana chips (SOOOOOOO good. I hate bananas...But I Love em when they deep fried). Then it was off to Eaton Center for some shopping and oh did I shop. I love sales! Laurel joined us too and it was SO good to see her. That night was dessert with the Twins - Sasha and Natasha on Danforth and the midnight subway ride.

25th: Bye bye Toronto and off to the next leg of the family vacation - Elmira, NY

0 comment(s) to... “The Family Vacation: 1st Leg: Toronto”

0 opinions: