Pirates, Jugglers & Italians

Posted 19:55 by Nithya in
Hola friends. The weekend was busy with various events. One such event was watching Pirates of the Caribbean 2 opening night. The sister, cousin and I went and stood in line for an hour before watching the movie. The movie itself was alright. It wasn't conclusive at all and that kinda annoyed me. It was one of those "to be continued.." Types (like the 2nd Matrix movie). So I guess I will have to wait until May for the 3rd on and the conclusion. It was a formula summer blockbuster movie - entertaining but not fantastic.


Next on the weekend to do list was the Street Performers Festival. Kristan, Frank and I hit up Winston Churchill Square (its SO concrete now! I miss the trees and grass and I really missed it when I became 4 shades darker!! Like I, of all people need a tan!) The performances were pretty good, but there were a few good ones, like this Portuguese clown and Indian magician.

After good times on the square, it was power hour at the purple onion for Hilary's birthday! Which equals $1 high balls from 8-9!!! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS PLACE EARLIER!!!! Following the glory of $1 drinks was O'Byrnes to get our dance on and maybe have some more drinks. Ok, so the dance floor could only hold maybe 10 people...But boy did we get our dance on :D Good times.....

Sunday morning equals world cup finals day! I randomly watched an England game somewhere in the first round and fell for football! It was fantastic! So I took extreme pleasure in watching the final yesterday, cheering for Italy at Hudson's, which was dominated by French Fans.... 2 words - FORZA ITALIA!!!

0 comment(s) to... “Pirates, Jugglers & Italians”

0 opinions: